Tuesday, 4 January 2011

Subliminal Cut Image Sequence

Last week I took another, more in-depth look in our trailers we're referencing for our trailer direction.
I sincerely suggest watching any trailer but on 2frms per second rate.




It was unbelievable to see what makers have "hidden" in them..
For example, the research showed the 1min 30 sec long trailer had 6 sequences of subliminal cuts. That is usually between 4 to 6 different and very abstract images per frame. This as I found adds to confusion, stress and creates impact.

Similarly I thought to try and use this cinematic technique in our trailer in its postproduction:

one frame for Alien Eye:


Other images are way more abstract and would serve to frame alien's eye image:



3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, yes I like it. These abstract images really do add the confusion and in relation to our movie, confusion as to the look of the alien Toy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot :)
    It will be a subject of experimenting, but.. well I think it should work nicely :)

    ReplyDelete