Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Toymaker Character Design Development

Okay, so once I created the Inspiration map, I took the 'exaggerated' feel, and put it into context with our world, and here is what I got:












It took me a while to get used to this style, so a few attemot were needed to get the general feel. I felt the latern lawline and cleft chin was a nice touch to provide a more 'heroic' attribute, but for development purposes, I did some more prominent than others. After blocking in the facial shapes i.e glasses and nose, I decided to take elements I found most effective, and apply them to some final Variations.

So here's what I came up with:










With the variations between them, I feel each one does portray a different sense of character, however, due to the shading and lack of detail, they do appear quite old from this piece, which is somthing I never really considered, compared to the 30-40 year old male I had in mind. That said, I really feel the most effective from these three in the way I want to portray the 'Toymaker', is probably the 2nd one.

As a result, I will go ahead and create full body character turnaround's, and complete these in photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment