Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Ident Research

I've been looking around on the internet for Idents that I feel are similar to the Ident I'm trying to create. From looking at the selected two, I'll be able to look at what elements make it work and what elements ours is missing.



This one is from EA Sports. The thing that I like about this one is that it applies 3D to a 2D logo, which I feel we need to apply to our Ident to show who we are, an animation studio.



This Sierra Ident has the use of light to add an air of professionalism and it also guides the viewers eyes through the logo. I'll be looking into using this technique.

I tried looking for the Squint/Opera Ident but couldn't seem to find it.

From looking at these and other idents on the internet, I've come up with a new Ident idea that incorporates a 3D nature.
Our 'V' symbol is very powerful, so to emphasise the 3D aspect of our work and to get some attention onto the 'V', I'm thinking of a sort of 'examination' of the it at first. It leads to the four dots at the top of the symbol, which seperate leaving a blank space. Using CG magic, we then zoom out to reveal the Void Canvas Logo. Its quite hard to explain so I'll get started on it for you guys to see.

If you have any ideas of your own then I'd love to here them tomorrow (Wednesday)

No comments:

Post a Comment