Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Logo/Text Development

Okay, I know I should have probably finished this by now, but I can't help but feel there's somthing lacking, and plus, I want us to get it as right as possible.

Logo's
So I expanded I little on the one we chose, I didnt wnat to make it look too complicated, and also tried to keep to the theme of our name.




















 
I used standard colouring for now, because I wasn't sure what variation to go for.....suggestions?

Text
I used a mixture of the two we thought would probably work best for our title, and added the symbols I made earlier, replacing the letter 'V'. I tried a little variation also....i feel the top one's 'grunge texture' spoils the shape, the bottom has a good mix, just looks slightly blander.

I added the 'Studio' also, and messed around with how we would display it. I think the last could prove to be a good animation, with the 'circles' dropping into the 'Ident' for example.















 

Obviously the text will be part of the logo also, overlaying, or slotting in, but feedback is needed so I can go ahead!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what it is but I'm not a big fan of the first one. I think its because of how much is going on.

    I think the third is the strongest, due to the dots. I especially love the V be incorporated like that. It has a strong presence just on its own.

    My favourite for the base is the first. I think because its simple, it allows the attention to be drawn to the written part.

    As for colours, I'm thinking of a subdued blue? We need to a little colour but not so much it gives you head ache. So maybe a subdued blue for the front and maybe a dark brown or black for the the behind.

    Thats my intial thoughts but keep in mind that I'm not the most 'arty' person :)
    Already thinking of ways to animate the Ident...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first line of the comment from Earl says alot - "I don't know what it is but...". Thats the problem I have with your name/ logo so far. What is a 'Void Canvas'? And your design reflects that indecision (to a certain extent).

    A 'void canvas' (to me) conjures up a rip in an otherwise useable canvas - ie, it becomes void of use. It also has a feel of playfulness (Why did it become void). Think of the Saatchi 'Torn Tony Blair' advert.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/mar/25/m-c-saatchi-conservative-party

    Obviously it doesn't have to be as extreme or carry that kind of message but the idea of removing a strip to reveal your name etc is something you may want to think about. You can still keep the same styling.

    ReplyDelete